Support this site!

Sunday, November 30, 2008

What should I name our new Tom-Tom GPS?

I know, weird question.  I've known lots of GPS users and finally bit the bullet and got one for my wife for her B-Day.  Happy Birthday, hon!  Now...I've noticed many folks actually develop a bit of a personal relationship with their GPS devices.  My sister calls her GPS...Mandy.  I'm sure it's simply one of the default voices, but I'd rather put some thought into this.  Naming our GPS is a BIG step.  if we're going to put our trust in someone to guide us through the mazes of the American highways...we need to really think hard on this.  Do I have you convinced?  Ok...seriously, I simply don't have any ideas for a name.  Can you help me out?  Please leave some comments with suggestions for names of our new GPS device.  I'm looking forward to seeing your suggestions.  Now to finish this 850mb map upgrade...


7 comments:

Dianne R November 30, 2008 at 4:23 PM  

Mine in named "Jane." My sister's is named Wanda --- Mainese for Wander!
You will come up with something unique and maybe "geeky"

suzcomptime November 30, 2008 at 6:37 PM  

I like the Wanda(er) name.

How about Waldo for "Where's Waldo" (and a Maine county).

Another option: H.A.L. as in 2001 a S.O.

Then there is MAC.

~Sue

Trey November 30, 2008 at 7:30 PM  

My 6yr old called mine Greta (also a TomTom) when I first got it, not sure why but the name stuck.

john eric brandt November 30, 2008 at 8:54 PM  

I bought one yesterday. My Tom Tom is named Garmin ;-)

Sharon November 30, 2008 at 9:19 PM  

What about MeMe - has numerous meanings....

David Trask December 1, 2008 at 9:13 AM  

@ JEB Ok...that's funny...naming your Tom Tom after the competition ;-)

Miranda December 1, 2008 at 11:50 AM  

My daughter calls ours Tommy (we're big The Who fans).

Be a nuggethead...subscribe!

You! Yes you! Join us now!

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP