Support this site!

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

10 Unique Desktop Wallpaper sites you gotta' see!

Hey!  If you're at all like me, you spend a little time each week tweaking your computer desktop by cleaning it up a little and changing the decorations.  I'm always on the lookout for cool new desktop wallpapers.  Recently I've stumbled upon a few new sites that have prompted me to share this article with you.  I'll also share some of my old favorites.

Ok...I've got the glue, the brush and my old overalls...where do we start?

Umm...ok....  Hey!  Put the wallpaper paste down!  Quit eating it!  It says "wheat paste", but that's no reason to eat it!  Yuck!  I'm talking about your COMPUTER desktop!  Ok.  Now, let's check out some cool sites.


Interfacelift.com

This one is my favorite.  I use this site quite a bit and my students do as well.  Good clean high quality wallpapers for everyone.  My only beef with the site is I wish I could see more wallpapers at a time, but I can live with it.  They have wallpapers for nearly every screen size.  Interfacelift also features icons and themes as well!  The icon sets are very nice.  One really great thing I like about this site is the ability to download "mobile device" wallpaper.  They feature wallpaper sizes for the Nokia n800/810 Internet Tablets, the Apple iPhone, Sony PSP, and ordinary cellphones.  Gotta' admit, that's pretty cool!  Check out Interfacelift here!


Caedes Desktop Backgrounds

You can get lost in this site.  There are so many wallpapers that you can spend days looking around trying to find the right one.  Luckily the site is broken down into categories and you can sort by screen size and shape.  the illustrations range from artistic fantasy to photographs...and everything in between.  Check out Caedes Desktop Backgrounds here.



DualScreenWallpaper.com

Are you one of the lucky folks who spend your days gazing at a large desktop that spans two or more monitors?  If so, you've probably wondered how you could get wallpaper that "makes sense" on a multi-screen setup.  Well, now you can!  Dualscreenwallpaper.com has just what you may be looking for.  They have sizes ranging from ultra-huge to a modest 1280x800.  Go to dualscreenwallpaper.com for more details!



GraffitiWallpaper.com

This site is amazing.  In case you haven't figured it out, I don't go for the typical movie/celebrity/same wallpaper everyone else has type of web site.  I'm looking for more unique wallpapers and sites.  Graffitiwallpaper.com fits the bill.  The site is very well laid out and easy to navigate.  The name kinda' implies that this site is all about graffiti, but that's not the case.  There are some "graffiti" images, but most of the images are simply animals, landscapes, food, and other unique objects. Check out the site here.


Customize.org

I had to add this one simply due to the name and the sheer number of wallpapers to choose from.  Customize.org features over 15,000 wallpapers for you to choose from.  There's something for everyone.  This site is primarily user driven in terms of submissions and ratings.  You can even select wallpapers according to a color scheme!  Customize.org Wallpapers



N-Design Studio

If abstract designs from original artists are your thing, then check this site out!  N-Design Studio has a small, yet awesome, selection of images created by some very talented artists.  Check it out!


Veer

Similar to N-Design Studio, the Veer site offers a moderate selection of really cool wallpapers that seem to invoke a "retro" feeling that harkens back to the 70's and Peter Maxx.  If you're a fan of active abstract art or a mix of digital photography and graphic arts...check this site out.



IW

I'm a fan of 3D graphic arts.  This site is really cool.  The artists are very talented.  Although the selection is small, the graphics are so well done that it's worth a look.  Go here to see what I mean.




David Lanham

David Lanham is very talented (and busy) grahic artist.  He has several of his works posted for all to enjoy.  I find many of the illustrations on the site to be kinda' like "cartoonish abstract" for lack of a better description.  This is one of those sites you should plan to spend a few minutes on.  I found myself clicking link after link just trying to see what the next one looked like.  Click the icons on the left side of the page to find the wallpapers.  (confession:  I downloaded the snowman one *the cherry icon*)  Check out David Lanham's wallpapers here.



wallpapr

Wallpapr leverages the power of Flickr, the popular photo site, for gathering thousands of unique wallpapers in one spot.  You can browse as little as 20 or as many as 100 at one time.  The selection is HUGE.  You'll have fun browsing this one.  Wallpapr




So...now that I've given you some great sites to browse, hopefully you can redecorate that ugly desktop you've been staring at for a few months.  Time for change!  Enjoy!  Hey!  If you have a fave wallpaper site that isn't featured here...share it in the comments!

0 comments:

Be a nuggethead...subscribe!

You! Yes you! Join us now!

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP