Support this site!

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Zeam Launcher for Android

Today I was cruising the 'Tubes (Internet) when I stumbled across an article on Lifehacker.com about how to speed up your older Android phone.  Now my phone is pretty much brand new and quite powerful, but I'm all about speed and smooth operation, so I gave the article a look.  I was reading the comments when a poster mentioned an app called "Zeam Launcher".  He/She mentioned that it was a gazillion times faster than the currently installed launcher and it was quite smooth...so I decided to give it a whirl.  The stock launcher on a Samsung Fascinate is TWLauncher.  It's not bad, but has a nasty habit of going a little haywire at times on my phone.  I recently switched to LauncherPro and was quite happy with it, but I still felt is was a little bloated or sluggish.  Today I installed Zeam....and WOW!  Fast, simple, and to the point.  I was able to customize almost to the extent of LauncherPro...but man is it fast!  Applications just go "boing" and pop right up....scrolling between home screens is butter-smooth.  It's also VERY customizable...multiple home screens....lots of widgets...and you can put the icons anywhere you wish.  So, if you're looking to try something a little smoother and faster...give it a try.  The nice thing is...if you don't like it you can very easily go back.  You can use an app called "Home Switcher" (also available from the Android Market) to switch back and forth until you decide what you like.  Once you settle on one you can make it the default.  Grab Zeam Launcher from the Android Market...or scan the QR image below with your phone to go there automatically...

0 comments:

Be a nuggethead...subscribe!

You! Yes you! Join us now!

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP